FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X Speeding Up Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Towle
Final Cut Pro X Speeding Up Clips
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:35:33 pm

Hello there!
I record Xbox 360 gameplay through a Hauppauge HD PVR into EyeTV3. I then export those clips using EyeTV3. Then, I import those clips into Final Cut Pro X. In the past, FCPX used to work through these clips incredibly fast and I never had any problems changing the speed in the timeline. Now, however, FCPX runs really slow, sometimes crashes upon startup, and most annoyingly, drops frames...a lot. I import the file and put it in the timeline, and even without changing the speed, it often doesn't even render the whole clip, but rather just appears to 'miss' 3 or 4 frames, which is very annoying. It gets even worse when I change the speed of the clip (namely, speed it up). I know it is not an EyeTV3 problem, because I watch the clips just fine after exporting in QuickTime. I have tried exporting as H.264 an HD 720P, but nothing seems to work. And I don't understand why it used to work flawlessly until now. It is really upsetting and I am at a loss as to how to fix the problem. All help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.
-TitanVex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]