FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting AVI DivX Files on MAC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karim Daire
Exporting AVI DivX Files on MAC
on Oct 12, 2011 at 1:02:47 pm

Hi,

I am regularly stumbling across this problem and start to wonder if there is any good solution for this on MAC...

I am working on MAC in ProRes422 and need to export my final edits to an AVI in DivX Codec.
I have a bunch of encoders tested and none worked. Media Encoder doesnt even offer AVI, Squeeze offers AVI via QT-Export but doesn't work with the DivX Codecs. The only thing that comes close to working is MPEG Streamclip but still the settings I can choose are minimal and the encodes suck.
Is it really such a hassle to encode to AVI/Divx on MAC. Which workflows do you use, and tipps for other encoders or do I have to encode these formats on Windows?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Karim

-Karim-
Freelance Cutter, Compositor and Animator from Hamburg/Germany

Return to posts index

Philip Howe
Re: Exporting AVI DivX Files on MAC
on Oct 13, 2011 at 2:45:44 pm

I have used DIVX Pro for Mac, now up to version 7, and it gives terrific results with loads, yes LOADS of options once you click on the Advanced Settings tab.
Philip

philip

Return to posts index

Karim Daire
on Oct 13, 2011 at 3:40:29 pm

I looked into DivX Pro7 and the results of DivX Pro were OK, but as far as I could see it only exports .divx files. I need .avi files. Now someone else here wrote before about "rewrapping" clips as QT or AVI, i never heard of that before.
Any hints on how to turn the .divx files into .avi?

Karim

-Karim-
Freelance Cutter, Compositor and Animator from Hamburg/Germany

Return to posts index

Sophie Griffin
on Oct 14, 2013 at 7:18:43 pm

Thanks for the post. I'm having the same issue Exporting AVI DivX Files and have to get the vid off to the client tomorrow am. Will send them a MPEG streamclip version and one QT compressed to AVI but both look shocking on my mac. Any other suggestions !?!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]