FORUMS: list search recent posts

No sound coming from some clips in timeline even though there is METERS SOUND EVERYWHERE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
naftali rutter
No sound coming from some clips in timeline even though there is METERS SOUND EVERYWHERE
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:26:53 am

I would love any input on this very very strange problem---

I have a sequence, with roughly twenty or so tracks of audio, roughly an hour long. There is a specific point in the timeline where there are three or four clips that when I play them, i cannot hear the audio coming from them, even though they have audio now here's the crazy thing. I can see the audio levels going on the meters in FCP. The volume is not lowered on the tracks. I can see the waveforms both in the Timeline and in the Viewer. And here's the crazy thing---> when I do a Reveal File in Finder and double click on the clip, and open in quicktime player, the SAME PROBLEM is happening, no audio is coming out, but I can see it on the meters...

Has anyone ever had this problem? Would really appreciate any input at all. Thank you...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: No sound coming from some clips in timeline even though there is METERS SOUND EVERYWHERE
on Oct 12, 2011 at 11:22:12 am

Most likely scenario is the signal is dual mono with one channel out of phase with the other. In FCP try dropping the level of one track to minus infinity.

Return to posts index

DeAndre' Vidale
Re: No sound coming from some clips in timeline even though there is METERS SOUND EVERYWHERE
on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:07:56 pm

I just had a really similar problem in Final Cut Pro 6. We figured out that one of the timeline audio channels had been mistakenly muted, which is not a very visible setting on the FCP 6 timeline. We only discovered it when thinking to look at the Audio Meters under Tools in the main menu.

DeAndre'

DeAndreVidale.com

Return to posts index

Frank Michael
on Aug 22, 2013 at 9:04:22 am

Hi Naftali
I am facing the same problem.
How did u overcome the problem
Pls advise

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]