FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP Chapter Index Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Hussein
DVDSP Chapter Index Problem
on Oct 11, 2011 at 9:47:35 pm

Hi there,

So in the past I've used the 'create chapter index' option in DVDSP to quickly create a chapter index from my movies.

I'm working with a client at the moment that has a track with around 30 chapter points (it's a few hours in length), however, they want the chapter index to only show 6 key Chapter points, and have the rest just skippable whilst the viewer watches.

So far I can't figure a way of creating a chapter index without it making a button for every single point.

Is there perhaps an alternative way of doing this altogether? The client needs to re-use the DVDSP project over and over for their other projects, so it's crucial that we figure out the quickest possible way as turn-around is key to them.

The only other way I can think is to create 6 buttons manually and just go to each button and set the target to the specific chapter point. This created another problem as there doesn't seem to be a way of getting the embedded footage inside the button to play from its chapter point; it just plays from the beginning. I have to enter the timecode in the button's menu, is there a more 'automatic' way of doing this?

I know it sounds slightly lazy but the key here is turnaround, so the quicker the process the better.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: DVDSP Chapter Index Problem
on Oct 11, 2011 at 9:52:23 pm

Isn't this more likely to get a quick answer in the DVDSP forum?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]