FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Suggestions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Evans
Need Suggestions
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:45:35 pm

I'm working on a project and I'm needing to use a lower third template for the names of the people interviewed for my video. You remember in the x-files, whenever a lower third appeared, telling us the location and time, that it made the typewriter sound for every letter that appeared? Well thats the kind of lowerthird I want to do for my project. Not the typewriter effect though, my project is more on the classy side.
I want to hear from those of you that know some good combinations of lower third master templates and soundfx to go along with the template. If it helps, my project is a series of videos that will play during the mayor's state of the city speech for the town I live in. So I guess i'm looking for something that fits in that theme, but I'm open check out anything you guys got! :D I'm on a pretty tight schedule with this, so I'm going to do the stuff like this that I need to play around with for a while, last. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Need Suggestions
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:43:27 pm

Garage Band comes free with your mac and has a number of suitable printer and typing sound effects built in, you can export an audio file from it to use in final cut. Dot matrix printer sound will probably work, and sound more modern than a typewriter. You could also do the sound of keys typing, I know Garage Band has that sound because it used it last week. If you need more sounds, I suggest sounddogs.com.

Think through how the video will be played in the space; the sound from the video will have to run thru the same PA system as the people speaking, and you'll want to be able to control the volume of that sound effect on the PA so it isn't obnoxiously loud. A little of this thing goes a long way, and most folks I think hate powerpoint shows where every slide has a sound effect atached to it.

Return to posts index

Thomas Evans
Re: Need Suggestions
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:31:38 pm

That's some good advice, thanks Mark! I'll look at garageband and sounddogs. This is a big help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]