FORUMS: list search recent posts

converting .mov to flash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karl Compton
converting .mov to flash
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:27:34 pm

Hey folks. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a .mov to flash converter. I'm running a mac with Final Cut Studio 3. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: converting .mov to flash
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:33:58 pm

If you have Premiere Pro (if you bought the Production Premium bundle for After Efects/Photoshop) you can create a FLV from a timeline. You can also use any encoder product like Sorenson Squeeze or Telestream Episode to convert it (not free).

Or you can tell the person requesting a .flv that Flash is dead and they need to move onto something more cross platform compatible...like HTML5! ;-) Kidding....well...sorta kidding...

Ryan

Ryan
http://www.studio006.com
"Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 11, 2011 at 8:04:21 pm

mp4s using the h.264 codec are what most of my clients ask for these days as that format will work for both Flash and iDevices.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Carol Leigh
on Oct 18, 2011 at 9:09:02 pm

I am on a quest for this. At this point there doesn't seem to be a good one...the best one, ON2 is out of business and the company that took over won't respond to my requests for tech help. I read here that you can just change the extension and that flash always reads h.264, but I am concerned that the h.264 files take too much bandwidth to look good. I have been struggling with this and no one is answering my questions, even on the Apple Discussion group. I will be eager to hear what you find out.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:07:49 pm

Checkout Sorenson Squeeze or Squeeze for Flash (if they still offer that). Both have the On2 VP6 codec.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Carol Leigh
on Oct 19, 2011 at 12:42:39 am

Thanks so much. Well, I want something that integrates with Compressor the way Flix used to do.

Adobe Flash seems also to use the ON2 encoder, because when I poke around the settings, that's the option.

Someone suggested to just use h.264 and change the suffix to .flv which seems to work...but I know we use flash because of compatibility of Mac and Windows, and because it seems to have a good quality even at low data rates. Do you know much about this area? I could change our website over and use h.264 for our flash... thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]