FORUMS: list search recent posts

If I'm doing basic keyframing with photos - zooming in and moving them across the screen - should i use FCP or Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
If I'm doing basic keyframing with photos - zooming in and moving them across the screen - should i use FCP or Motion?
on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:54:27 pm

I'm editing a short film which relies primarily on jpg files. I plan on moving them around and zooming in and placing mattes behind the ones that are small. I know i can do all this with FCP 7 but I wonder if Motion is better at these things. i've never used Motion but I hear it has an easy learning curve. So, should I just use keyframes in FCP 7 for this or will it look better in Motion? I've been told the best answer is Adobe After Effects, but since I'm doing rather simple things, I dont want to take the time to learn a completely new program that has a steep learning curve (as opposed to what I've heard about Motion.)

Return to posts index

Drake Hale
Re: If I'm doing basic keyframing with photos - zooming in and moving them across the screen - should i use FCP or Motion?
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:04:19 pm

Just use FCP. Motion does not have an easy learning curve and it would really be overkill for just pan and scanning a few photos. Then when your done take a look at motion and see what it can offer you for future projects

"It's all about keyframes"
Anonymous

2011 3.2GHz 27" iMac, Final Cut Studio 2, Adobe CS4

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: If I'm doing basic keyframing with photos - zooming in and moving them across the screen - should i use FCP or Motion?
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:08:36 pm

Are there any plug-ins you might recommend for getting smooth pans with photographs in FCP 7?

Return to posts index

Drake Hale
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:19:27 pm

I haven't used any for this effect. Just find what timing works right for you and cross dissolve between the pictures that is the classic "ken burns" effect. I'm sure theres a load of tutorials on you tube for it

"It's all about keyframes"
Anonymous

2011 3.2GHz 27" iMac, Final Cut Studio 2, Adobe CS4

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 11, 2011 at 9:19:02 pm

Gee Three Photomotion.

FXFactory Free Pan and Zoom Plug-in

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]