FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Pluraleyes to synch a narrative rough cut.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt McClain
Using Pluraleyes to synch a narrative rough cut.
on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:49:56 am

I shot a short on a 5D and cut the rough without synching the audio which was obviously recorded separately. My thought was that I'd just use Pluraleyes to lay in the audio after but have checked out the tutorials on their site and don't see any that address my issue. I've labeled all the wav files with corresponding names so that each video clip has a matching audio clip but just want to know if I can use pluraleyes or if I need to go through and match up every audio clip to it's video clip (which would be a big hassle.)

I realize I probably should've linked the audio to the clips before I cut the rough but unfortunately I didn't.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Using Pluraleyes to synch a narrative rough cut.
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:09:37 am

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Sync-N-Link/

Next time...sync before you start...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matt McClain
on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:16:18 am

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using pluraleyes and it wasn't as laborious as I'd thought it would be. I am interested in sync n' link though the website seems to be having issues. I can't watch the video. Appreciate the rec though, I'll try back again later.

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
on Oct 18, 2011 at 12:23:12 pm

Hi Matt

I would suggest that you take all of your material into a sequence, put the audio in a1 and a2, sync it with Pluraleyes, link audio and video, do a batch export so that you keep your reel name and then just reconnect your edited sequence to the "new" linked material.

I've used pluraleyes a lot, and the new version is quite good and fast, but I've never tried it on a edited sequence.

Tina
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]