FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I export a 1,5 Hour-long-film and which are the best settings to do this?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Veronica Santos
How do I export a 1,5 Hour-long-film and which are the best settings to do this?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:11:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I have to export a 1,5 Hour-long-movie from FCP and I donĀ“t know hpw to do it, beacuse if I export it as Quicktime with compression H.264, at some point I get an error message that says, that the file is too big... what can I do? what could be the problem?
How can I export a file with such lenght?

Now I remember that I have another question. I have to put subtitles on this movie. I thought that the best way to do it is to download a subtitle-software and work with the exported movie. Am I right?
Which can be the best software for this pourpose?

Thank you very much!

Veronica*

Return to posts index

Kevin Hotz
Re: How do I export a 1,5 Hour-long-film and which are the best settings to do this?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:27:27 pm

How big is the drive you are exporting to?

Kevin Hotz
Director Of Operations
TJ&A

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: How do I export a 1,5 Hour-long-film and which are the best settings to do this?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:02:02 pm

If space is NOT an issue; export a self-contained mov file using "Current Settings" this would be your digital master to keep forever.

If space IS an issue, export to mov file and do NOT check make self-contained ( a reference file)

Either way, take that exported file into your compression program to create your deliverable.

The cheapest subtitle option is to duplicate your sequence and create text on the screen.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Veronica Santos
on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:15:39 pm

Thank you very much for your help!

I will try what you suggest me.
If I have further questions, I write them down.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]