FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to make Compressor 3.x export MXF?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
Any way to make Compressor 3.x export MXF?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:43:09 am

I have MXF4mac installed, but I really want to be able to use Compressor for cluster transcoding of files to XDCAM 420 MXF. Is there any way to do this? I'm not seeing MXF as an export option anywhere.

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: Any way to make Compressor 3.x export MXF?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:19:37 am

Only chance I'm guessing you've got is to make a custom preset with the File Format on QuickTime Export Components and see if MXF is an encoder type. Being long GOP and an export component I'm doubtful that it'll separate it out among the clusters, but if MXF4mac makes a QT Export Component you can do it through Compressor.

Personally I would just edit with the sequence compressor in the XDCAM flavour you're needing, then use the Sony XDCAM Browser export option to make the MXF. It'll be pretty quick. If the .mxf file is one of multiple deliveries I would make a Compressor setting to export a QT movie in the XDCAM flavour, then drop that on a fresh sequence, update the settings to match the media, then use the XDCAM Browser export to get to MXF.

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:25:18 am

Thanks Jeff. By the looks of things I've got to get the FCS Export Suite from the company that makes MXF4mac.

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Oct 11, 2011 at 7:00:44 am

Try downloading and installing the Final Cut plugin "PDZKP1 XDCAM Transfer Software Version 2.12" from this website: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]