FORUMS: list search recent posts

CGM Aged Film LE Rendering takes forever

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Hogan
CGM Aged Film LE Rendering takes forever
on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:59:26 am

Hey, I'm a budding filmmaker and I'm rocking Final Cut Express with a MacBook Pro 2.53 i5 Processor...

I downloaded the CGM Aged Film LE Plug-in and did all proper steps to get it in the plug-in folder...

NOW when I use it...it takes FOREVER to render. Even a 10 second clip will take 6 minutes to render (and that's without tweaking anything!) I use MPEG Streamclip and have all the correct settings for the footage I shot (30fps with a Canon 60D and it's HD with the Easy Set-up on AVCHD- Apple Intermediate Codec 1920x1080i60)

I watched that awesome tutorial video on Creative Cow about the aged film look and when he rendered it took less than 3 seconds.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does it normally take that long? Also, I can hear and feel my computer chugging whenever I use that particular plug-in....and seeing that I got the computer just last year I don't think it's a problem with a slow computer. Is it that I'm using Express and not Pro?

I would appreciate any help on the matter!

Thanks!
Hogan

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: CGM Aged Film LE Rendering takes forever
on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:03:33 pm

If the plugin is an "fx plug" category of filter, it relies on the GPU of the computer for it's rendering. On a macbook, the graphics processor is likely not that beefy... so the render times are slow.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]