FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Mini DV To HD????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimy Bleu
From Mini DV To HD????
on Oct 9, 2011 at 8:19:51 am

I recently read on another forum that someone shot a documentary on mini DV tape, editing on FCP & somehow ran the completed footage through his HD camera (he didn't say how he ran it through) to give the mini DV footage a high quality look of HD.

This is something I never heard of, so I figured I'd ask on this forum if such a thing is possible.......if so, what is the step-by-step procedure to accomplish this effect?....If not, is there another option to get a 'close to HD look' with mini DV footage (Apple's 'Color' app, etc...)??

I myself shoot mini DV, use FCP 6 & also have a Sony HVR-A1U HDV cam.

I would appreciate any advice~!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: From Mini DV To HD????
on Oct 9, 2011 at 3:42:09 pm

Gee if we could get the look of HD out of DV by dubbing it wouldn't we all be doing it?

Best you can do is make a copy of the DV through a Teranex box to an HD tape.

Might be able to find someone to do this for you. Here in Colorado, one of the Apple VAR's has one of these boxes and performs the conversions for a reasonable fee.

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved