FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Multiclip Sequence Workaround? Anyone?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terrence Dunlop
FCP 7 Multiclip Sequence Workaround? Anyone?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:00:59 pm

Hey,

Having trouble making multiclipped footage!

So I have a long audio track, and an A Camera and a B Camera that turn on and off over the course of the day. I want to create one long multiclip, where the A Camera turns on and off, but stays in the upper left quadrant of the multicam window, and the B camera behaves the same and stays in the upper right window.

I group all the clips by aux timecode.

The problem is the clips appear in multiple quadrants over the course of the multiclip! The more clips from a and b camera, the more quadrants. Why won't they just stay put?

I can export a .mov of the Camera A clips on the V1 track, and do the same for the B Camera on the V2 track, and multiclip those. But then if the editor wants to match frame, it won't work.

Help! What step am I missing? What box am I not checking?

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
Re: FCP 7 Multiclip Sequence Workaround? Anyone?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:55:48 pm

There is no box to check, it's just the way it works. FCP makes a new angle for each clip, not for each track. Making a movie for each track is not ideal as you point out, but it is the standard procedure.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.
http://www.singularsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Terrence Dunlop
Re: FCP 7 Multiclip Sequence Workaround? Anyone?
on Oct 8, 2011 at 3:51:36 am

Thanks Bruce - I'll do that. At least I know. There will be stringouts that the editor can refer to. Phew! It's actually a huge relief.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]