FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Playback issue after upgrades

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lipari
Final Cut Pro Playback issue after upgrades
on Oct 7, 2011 at 6:59:29 pm

I recently installed 16GB of ram into my 2011 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 that I bought off of crucial.com and now, after three years of no jittery playback, I am having playback issues. Is there anyway to optimize my system settings in FCP so that it will adhere to the new ram in my system? I have tried changing the playback quality all the way down to low and am still having the issue. I also updated my system with a protools codec upgrade that apple said I needed over their automatic upgrade feature which may also be the cause. It's funny, most of the time when Apple releases upgrades for FCP it ends up breaking the system for many users. I am working on a time sensitive project and would really love any help that you guys can give me so I can handle this problem quickly and effectively. I have been lurking on these forums for years but this is my first post!

Thanks again for the help and I will try to answer any questions you have to help solve the problem.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Final Cut Pro Playback issue after upgrades
on Oct 8, 2011 at 2:09:00 am

Is it reporting dropped frames? Or is that preference turned off in the FCP User Prefs? Turn it on and see if that's what is going on.

To finish for now, I'd pull the new RAM out to see if it goes away.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

John Lipari
Re: Final Cut Pro Playback issue after upgrades
on Oct 8, 2011 at 2:31:33 pm

Thanks Jerry, I have removed the ram and the problem persisted. After checking all of my FCP settings, I realized that all of my preferences had been reset (maybe due to new hardware?), including my frame rate playback which had mysteriously been switched to half. Returningvthe setting to full fixed my problem. Thanks souch for your help and I love this community!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]