FORUMS: list search recent posts

A new one! Export current settings, bring back in, needs rendering?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
A new one! Export current settings, bring back in, needs rendering?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 2:53:33 pm

Has anyone ever seen this? Seems to have started happening after installing the recent ProApps codecs update. Running Lion 10.7.1 on MacPro with FCP 7.0.3.

I've been trying to export a few elements, like a background loop, and bring them back in just to simplify workflow. Working in a ProRes 422, 29.97, Upper first, 1080i sequence. I export a QT at current settings and bring it back in and it needs rendering! WTH? So I even even made a new 1080i 422 seq and dropped the clip in there. It doesn't ask if I want to match the sequence, which it shouldn't because it is the same specs. But yet it needs rendering. Red Bar no less. Yet plays fine as orange bar if you set the sequence to unlimited.

It's not adding filters or distort or anything. Baffled. Not really a terrible problem because I'm adding a bunch of layers to the background and it would have to be rendered anyway, just with? Even video clips are giving the same issue.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: A new one! Export current settings, bring back in, needs rendering?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:12:40 pm

Figured it out. Sorta. Go an turn off Video Scopes Playback in the RT settings. Depending on the codec and system you're using this will give you more rt. At 1080i ProRes 422 my system wasn't able to do the scopes and playback RT 1080i even though it didn't require rendering. I still think there's something wonky here because after rendering it would. Yet, there was no real reason for the clip to be rendered. If I turned off the scopes, then it wouldn't even register as needing rendering. Yet another reason not to jump to Lion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]