FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD1080i to FCP mac book pro blurry

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Bobadilla
HD1080i to FCP mac book pro blurry
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:21:34 am

I captured some footage on my Sony Z5U 1080i.

I captured into FCP, and edited - I get a slight fuzzy image, yet all the settings are set to HDV, even the capturing of the footage in the camera (1080i)

I noticed it when I was editing and while I was exporting the movie into QuickTime - I also don't want to lose quality during that procedure.

Thank you for any help

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: HD1080i to FCP mac book pro blurry
on Oct 7, 2011 at 1:41:05 pm

Are you viewing interlaced footage on a computer screen? This will not display correctly. You need an external broadcast monitor to properly view interlaced footage.

Also, capturing HDV via fw is a straight transfer of data, it will not degrade the image at all. If it's a little fuzzy it's outta focus when shot.

Sequence settings match clip settings?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Fernando Bobadilla
Re: HD1080i to FCP mac book pro blurry
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:17:35 pm

The setting is set to progressive>24p, so I doubt that it is interlaced footage.

I don't understand progressive vs interlaced shooting because I see some of the same numbers in both options

Yes, when I logged all the footage into FCP I got an automatic window: change sequence settings to match clip settings?

I clicked yes.

When I checked Video/Audio setting everything was set: HDV; HDV 1080i; Sony HDV 1080i

I also get glitches in the footage I export - the video tweaks and I get jumbled pixelation.

Thank you for your help

Any additional help is very welcome

- Fernando Bobadilla

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]