FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC-Intra 100 issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Zukin
AVC-Intra 100 issues
on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:07:23 pm

Have migrated from shooting and editing DVCPROHD to AVC-Intra 100.

With DVCPROHD, I was shooting at 24fps, but the output of the camera (Panasonic HPX3100 - P2) was 29.97, and my FCP timeline was also 29.97.

Since moving to AVC-Inta 100, my FCP timeline is now true 23.98.

Problem I'm facing is that when I import previously log & transferred 29.97 footage into a current project, the video has a strobe-like artifacts.

Anyone offer a solution?? Thanks. I'm OS 10.6.6; FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: AVC-Intra 100 issues
on Oct 6, 2011 at 11:17:10 pm

So presumably you are editing the 29.97 footage into a 23.98 timeline and this is where you then see the strobing ?

I think the issue is the mixed frame rates. What do you need to end up with in terms of format ?

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
on Oct 7, 2011 at 5:45:57 am

It doesn't much matter -- the final output is destined for a PBS station in northern california -- they don't care as long as everything looks and sounds great.

I suppose I should return to shooting in DVCPROHD, which yields a 29.97 timeline.

But the question still remains: are there any steps I can take to "treat" the 29.97 footage so that it "plays nice" with the 23.98 timeline.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Oct 7, 2011 at 6:37:20 pm

Hi Ken

Mixing frame rates pretty much always leads to issues one way or another. It is something that I try to avoid at all costs.
While computers and files tolerate "odd" frame rates, television systems are simply not designed to deal with that.
If something is for TV then you really need to supply a tv spec file so I am guessing your PBS station will prefer 29.97?
I am in Pal land and we get the same thing happen here. People shoot 24 becuase they think it will be more "filmic" but then end up in a world of pain when everything has to become 25 for TV output.
You will see many posts here where people shoot with a 5D an AF100 and a GoPro all at different rates and codecs and then wonder why they have problems.
Cinema tools will do a good job of converting your footage but thats wont take care of the audio.
Nattress standards convert plug-in may also help you.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]