FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I review the exposure settings etc. of the camera used; in Final Cut Pro (is it possible?)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Boone
How can I review the exposure settings etc. of the camera used; in Final Cut Pro (is it possible?)
on Oct 6, 2011 at 6:24:50 pm

I have a Panasonic LX5 point and shoot camera, and when I look at the pictures I've taken, I can see what settings were used in each picture.

So I'm wondering, can you do that with video? maybe not because settings change.

I videotape sermons each week and I want to compare them, find the best exposure etc. and use those settings in the future. I am using a Z1u video camera for these recordings (I just mentioned my LX5 because I like that I can see the settings I've used in previewing images)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How can I review the exposure settings etc. of the camera used; in Final Cut Pro (is it possible?)
on Oct 6, 2011 at 7:34:09 pm

Still camera metadata is completely different than most motion camera metadata. That info is not available from your camera, unfortunately.

Return to posts index

keith greenfield
Re: How can I review the exposure settings etc. of the camera used; in Final Cut Pro (is it possible?)
on Oct 8, 2011 at 10:34:19 am

All depends on what camera you are using. Are you looking for something like this , see attached snap of XDCAM footage . Some cameras will allow you to write bespoke metadata to an SD card then have that 'attach' itself to your clips. Just what level of 'EXIF' information do you need?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]