FORUMS: list search recent posts

Captured 1920 x 1080 but file is 960 x 540?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eaks
Captured 1920 x 1080 but file is 960 x 540?!
on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:30:09 am

Mid 2010 17" MBP core i7 4GB RAM
Lion 10.7.1
FCP 7.0.3
Matrox MXO2 LE W/MAX ver.

I captured a clip in Matrox Prores 1920 x 1080i 59.94, after hitting escape to stop the capture FCP quit unexpectedly (the error said something like "FCP quit unexpectedly while using the KB plugin"). Now the clip shows 960x540 in both Finder's "Get Info" and FCP's browser. In QT 7 inspector it shows-

Format: Apple Prores 422, 1920x1080
Normal Size: 960 x 540 pixels
Current Size: 960 x 540 pixels (actual).

When I Quick Look the file in finder it shows the full frame but in a smaller window, half the size of when Quick Viewing a 1920 x 1080 file. Placing the clip in a new timeline and selecting yes to match settings results with the clip showing full frame in the Canvas and it DOES need to be rendered. When placed into a 1920 x 1080 timeline the Canvas shows only the top left corner of the frame as if it's been cropped/zoomed and it DOES NOT need to be rendered. Scale in motion tab of viewer is 200. Reducing scale does not reveal the rest of the frame.

Several previous and subsequent captures are all fine.

This was a capture of a live event, with no possibility of re-shooting. Throughout the day I was running back and fourth recording Lectures in different rooms where my cameras were already setup.

While away from my MBP/MXO2 setup I had closed the capture window, left FCP running and shut the lid of the laptop being ready for a quick open and start capturing when I get back. One time the capture window opened with the built-in web cam showing, quite a confusing moment LOL. Closing and reopening the capture window brought back my MXO2 input. I surely won't be following the above procedure again! I will quit FCP (and shutdown?) between sessions.

Since I also recorded internally with my camera as a back-up, I have the footage in 1920 x 1080 but my brain won't allow me to just shrug it off... I need to know what has happened here! I can't rest when there is a problem I don't understand, so I come to the COW for some insight and very much appreciate any that I can get.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Captured 1920 x 1080 but file is 960 x 540?!
on Oct 8, 2011 at 6:16:21 pm

Any ideas or explanations? Besides that one clip, my four day shoot went great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved