FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP exporting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kent mccracken
FCP exporting
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:10:37 am

Hi all, I'm new to forums and FCP, so thanks for any help. Pardon my lack of technical and FCP speak. I did browse common FCP export issues but did not find any relevant discussions, so...

I made a timelapse on DSLR. About 880 still images. Imported to lightroom 3 and exported under LR User Templates for Timlapse @ 30fps to QT 720 HD .mp4 file to use in FCP in my timeline along with other video, stills, etc.

The resulting QT.mp4 video looks great.

I transcoded this via MPEG Streamclip to PRORES422HQ_720_30fps, also experimented with 24fps (both), and imported into FCP timeline.

None of that is the issue. This work flow and results are fine.

In FCP I modified the speed to 65%. That's all.

I then export from FCP as QT 720p @ 30fps, .mov, and the resulting video is very different. The main issue is a drop in color quality and contrast, highlights and especially the blacks. The movie appears greyed out by about 25 percent? Other wise it plays fine.

Has any one else found this, and how to adjust or fix the problem, or suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks and peace. Kent.

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
Re: FCP exporting
on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:52:45 am

Are you exporting directly from FCP as a QT? If so export using compressor and re-check the results.

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index

kent mccracken
Re: FCP exporting
on Oct 8, 2011 at 7:34:51 am

Hi thanks. I've been experimenting several ways with this. I'll give that a try too. I may have figured out my issue. I transcoded and imported as PRRES422HG but on my initial export it went out as H.264. When I went back and exported as PRORES422HG it came out much better. I'll give it a try with compressor and get back with those results.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]