FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Files Vaporize From Folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Bugera
Render Files Vaporize From Folder
on Oct 5, 2011 at 4:43:38 pm

MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz i7, 4 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8. FCP 7.0.

Thought I'd try this one again to see if anyone's had a similar problem.

I have a serious problem with FCP where something is vaporizing render files from the 'Render Files' folder. Sometimes it happens when I quit FCP, but sometimes it's in the middle of an edit or export. I know this is happening because I've split the screen while using FCP and I've actually seen the files disappear and the folder size shrink accordingly.

We've brought it to the Apple Store for a full diagnostic and nothing is wrong with it. Just did a clean install of Snow Leopard, updated it and reloaded FCP but didn't update it. I was using the latest version of FCP until today. The base version of FCP 7.0 is still having this problem.

I don't know if the OS updates are the culprit. Can't imagine Apple would let that happen...

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Mike Bugera
Re: Render Files Vaporize From Folder
on Oct 5, 2011 at 4:45:32 pm

Incidentally, I'm working off of a 6TB RAID 0 array, but it's not the culprit either. It happens on whatever drive I assign the scratch drives to, including the system drive.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 5, 2011 at 5:03:30 pm

[Mike Bugera] "reloaded FCP but didn't update it. I was using the latest version of FCP until today. The base version of FCP 7.0 is still having this problem."

Why didn't you run the updates? 7.0 was seriously buggy straight from the factory and required an update just about the day it was first released.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Producing Episodic TV with "24" Producer Michael Klick:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-1_Michael-Kl...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Mike Bugera
on Oct 5, 2011 at 5:16:48 pm

We wanted to isolate whether the problem was OS related or FCP related. By process of elimination we're thinking OS since the same problem has occurred with the base FCP 7 that was happening with the most updated version.

By the way, I didn't start having problems with 7 UNTIL I updated it. The very first update starting giving me big problems. But I edited without a hitch for about three months on the base version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]