FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using 29.97 footage in a 23.98 sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Popik
Using 29.97 footage in a 23.98 sequence
on Oct 4, 2011 at 11:02:36 pm

Hey Pros,

Some friends and I recently shot a full-length feature that intentionally switched between different styles and aesthetics. One such choice, unfortunately, was shooting one section of the movie (15 minutes) at a different frame rate than the rest of the movie. I've since learned that it's not possible to have multiple frame rates within a single project (believe me, I'll never make that mistake again).

So, now I need to find a way to make all my footage play nice together. I can export a full-res copy of that 15-minute block, and then drop it into my 24p sequence and have Final Cut convert it (which does work), but I'd prefer find a way to convert all the individual clips. Copying the contents of the 30p sequence to the 24p sequence doesn't seem to work (memory errors, crashing, etc). Is there an elegant solution for what I'm trying to achieve? Or is my best best to export the whole 15-minute sequence, change the framerate in Compressor, and reimport the entire block into to FCP?

Thanks for your help!

Ben

Return to posts index

Ben Popik
Re: Using 29.97 footage in a 23.98 sequence
on Oct 4, 2011 at 11:31:23 pm

Update: Restarting Final Cut has made it so that I can paste the 30p clips into the 24p sequence -- however, I've done enough research on this subject to know that's probably the wrong way to go about this.

Any insight you can offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]