FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5.1.4-Problem with log and capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
patricia Semprez
FCP 5.1.4-Problem with log and capture
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:58:08 pm

I can't log and capture footage from my Panasonic AG VX 100 after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.5.8. -Originally had FCP 5.0.4 but upgraded to 5.1.4. when I first realized there was a problem, since then I've repaired disk permissions, trashed FCP preferences, trashed all QT prior to version 7.7 and it still won't capture now or capture clip. Never had a problem prior to updating the Mac OS X. I have a Mac dual 2.3 G5 Power PC. I upgraded the OS X because my FCP external scratch disk failed so I upgraded in order to have time machine and a back up for my main internal hard drive. Not sure if its important but I installed a second internal hard drive which is partitioned in two one part is a backup for my main hard drive and the other portion is the scratch disk for FCP. I appreciate any other suggestions!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP 5.1.4-Problem with log and capture
on Oct 5, 2011 at 2:52:56 am

Did you do a clean install on a new drive or just go over the old OS? Lots of people have advised for years to do a clean install of a new OS and then reinstall FCP to avoid exactly this sort of issue.

5.1.4 was developed for Tiger and although it should work with Leopard, you always need to do some research by searching forums like this to make sure new OS can work with old software.

Return to posts index

patricia Semprez
Re: FCP 5.1.4-Problem with log and capture
on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:58:32 pm

Thank you for your response. Before receiving your advice I repaired permissions once again and unplugged my webcam, and then somehow the log and capture started working. Not sure which precedure helped. I was concerned about loading software on top of a previous version creating an issue, I will see if things continue to work and if any further glitches occur I will do the clean install as per your instructions. Many thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]