FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choppy Video in Timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Fatheree
Choppy Video in Timeline
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:31:47 pm

We have encountered a problem with a project that I have not seen before and am looking for some help. Last Friday, someone was putting the finishing touches on a project when the video started running in a choppy slow motion like fashion. However, the audio is not delayed. The clips run fine out of the bin, but are not working correctly in the timeline. It seems like a setting has been changed. Any recommendations? We are using FCP 6.0.5.
Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

Joseph Fatheree
Re: Choppy Video in Timeline
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:48:17 pm

I forgot to add the problem occured after the user zoomed canvas.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:55:54 pm

Control U.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:56:32 pm

also shift Z

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

James Walsh
on Jun 11, 2014 at 1:16:58 pm

God bless the dude who commented "Control U'... saved my bacon big time.

Return to posts index

Nicole Alexis
on May 17, 2012 at 1:31:43 pm

I have fcp 7 and filmed some video using an avchd sony hxr mc2000u camera, everything has been fine (been doing this for 2 years) all of a sudden, my timeline is acting weird, the video seems to get bottlenecked but audio still plays - also its taking forever to render every 2 second change I make. I no longer have the software so I cant reinstall and apple doesn't make 7 anymore - does anyone know how to resolve this or why its happening?

Return to posts index

Nicole Alexis
on Jul 9, 2013 at 4:54:13 pm

ok, Ive got a canon t4i and t5i, using fcp pro. I'm trying to figure most effective way to change to pro res until I start using premiere in a few months (I understand that issue doesn't exist with premiere). Ive got 27 minutes of footage on one card and 40 mins on a second card. I'm using mpg streamclip now and its taking about 10 minutes to convert the first 30 seconds. SURELY there's a faster way to do this in 2013?????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]