FORUMS: list search recent posts

Complications Exporting 1680x1040 AVI

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Knerem
Complications Exporting 1680x1040 AVI
on Oct 3, 2011 at 9:15:48 pm

Hello,
I am new to FCP7. Learning on the go. I recorded video in Camtasia and exported the file as a 1680x1040 AVI file. I imported it into FCP7...so far so good BUT I am pretty lost when it comes to the sequence setting.

I can customize the frame size but it appears the pixel ratio messes everything up and when I make a .MOV file from it the quality is fuzzy, a bit distorted and the file size is wrong.

I could you some serious guidance and expertise.
Thanks guys!
-Steve

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: Complications Exporting 1680x1040 AVI
on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:02:31 pm

In your sequence settings select a square pixel aspect ratio and make sure the Anamorphic 16x9 box is not checked.

In addition Final Cut doesn't happily accept .AVI files. If you're going to be doing a lot with this footage consider using Compressor to transcode your video to Apple ProRes422 in a Quicktime container before editing. ProRes accepts all frame sizes, frame rates, and pixel aspect ratios, so this nonstandard frame size won't be a problem. Just drop on the preset in the Settings box under Apple -> Formats -> Quicktime -> ProRes422, pick a destination from the Destinations tab and submit your job.

Return to posts index

Steve Knerem
Re: Complications Exporting 1680x1040 AVI
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:02:46 pm

Ok, Cool Jeff. Thanks very much. I'll be testing this in the next few days. But as far as FCP not accepting the AVI files. I just imported them and placed it on the timeline. After I rendered the file it is editable. But obviously the exporting has been my hiccup.

I'll be in touch, thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]