FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression and H-264

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Austin
Compression and H-264
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:33:05 pm

Hey all,

Question, I am working with a still image (tiff images) project in FCP, using the Tiff compression setting. I have exported using both ProRes 422HQ and a uncompressed version of the edit. I need the final output to be H-264 for the web (Apples iWeb to be exact). So I bring that file into compressor and compress it down to about 15 megs. The output looks great titles, effect so forth, except it has lost a lot of the color saturation. Could some one clue me in on why this is happening and what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks for the help

Jess

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Compression and H-264
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:39:54 pm

It's a gamma issue with h.264 compression. Adjust the gamma filter in Compressor until you get the result you're looking for. A tiny adjustment goes a long way.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Producing Episodic TV with "24" Producer Michael Klick:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-1_Michael-Kl...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Jesse Austin
on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:24:37 am

Thanks for all the help, got it taken care of.

Jess

Return to posts index

Pratul gaikwad
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:41:37 pm

try exporting it thru FCP and convert it in mpegstream. In mpegstream keep bit rate max possible and get the total file in desired size.
It just a workaround i am suggesting, generally its a bit rate which determines the pixel depth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]