FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Areful Eeslam
HDV capture
on Oct 2, 2011 at 11:41:55 am

Hello friends, while im trying to capture HDV (1080; 50i) footage, at the TC break the clips are automatically being split. I have unchecked the create clip in & out point at Log & Capture clip setting window but still it's happening. Am i doing something wrong or is it default by FCP for HDV capture? I have HDV firewire non drop frame setting as control device & HDV 1080; 50i as capture & sequence setting.

Would appreciate some help here.

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: HDV capture
on Oct 2, 2011 at 2:12:16 pm

Yep, by default FCP creates new clip every time it detects start/stop point on HDV tape.

Sony PMW-EX3, Canon Mark II 5D, FCS3 in Moscow

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:09:13 pm

What Everest said is exactly right. You're not doing anything wrong. That's just inherent in the HDV codec. FCP will always break the file up when it detects a timecode start/stop.

"Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Return to posts index

Jarrod Cecil
on Jan 8, 2013 at 3:32:25 pm

Here's my issue:

I have HDV video that I'm trying to capture into FCP 7. The footage has timecode breaks in it, some longer than others. I'd love to FCP to just gloss over them, ala capturing DV footage, but it seems it cannot.

Re-recording is not an option as the client doesn't want to pay for the additional work. The capture itself is a byproduct of the videographer not remembering to compress live on site.

Thanks for any help you might have!
Additional info - capturing to a FW800 drive, Macbook Pro 2.2 i7 with 16GB ram - HDV coming from Sony HVR 1500

Could you assist me with the correct device settings? I've tried a few, but I don't think I've stumbled on the right combination.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved