FORUMS: list search recent posts

digitizing issues in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samantha Hatton
digitizing issues in FCP
on Oct 2, 2011 at 9:04:40 am

I have been using FCP for quite a few years now and have never come across this headache. I am trying to digitize HDV from a sony Z1 but FCP won't recognise the camera. I have opened up imovie and again it does not recognize the camera. I am trying to work out if it is the camera or the computer with the issue.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Sam :)

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: digitizing issues in FCP
on Oct 2, 2011 at 5:06:29 pm

The first thing I would check are the menu settings on the camera - the Z1 has a couple of settings in the menu that affect the ilink connection, e.g., downconverting HDV to DV, and if they don't match what the computer is expecting the connection won't work properly. (N.B. The ilink cable has to be disconnected for any changes to the menu to take effect).

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 2, 2011 at 9:34:32 pm

Have you recently changed anything like upgrading OS? Your firewire connector or the connector on the camera may have fried.

Any info on your system might help. Can you check the computers firewire connector with another device? Can the camera be detected on another computer?

Return to posts index

Samantha Hatton
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:49:07 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply, I think what you said about the firewire port on the camrea may have fried because i have tried the camera on two different computers and opened up different software pakages to see if the camera would register but with no joy so the only conclusion that I have is the problem is with the camera.

Thanks for your help on this

Sam

http://www.vimeo.com/claremakesfilms

Return to posts index

Samantha Hatton
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:43:48 am

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response I tried disconnecting the ilink and then changing the settings on the camera but still the computer wont recognise the camera the more I am trouble shooting the problem the more I am coming to the conclusion that it is to do with the cameras firewire connection.

Thanks for your help with this

Sam

http://www.vimeo.com/claremakesfilms

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]