FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDcam clip browser will not launch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Flaherty
XDcam clip browser will not launch
on Sep 30, 2011 at 7:36:19 pm

I am trying to transfer my clips from my SxS cards . I tried opening the XDcam Clip Browser on my MacPro and I keep getting error messages.
I tried downloading the latest version of Clip Browser which said that it should be 2.6 . Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: XDcam clip browser will not launch
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:12:43 pm

I've used XDCAM Transfer v2.12 which worked well. It also acts as a viewer.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Patrick Flaherty
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:42:02 pm

John, Are you saying that you able to use transfer as opposed to clip browser and transfer? It was recommended as part of the workflow that I should use clip browser to make an archival copy of the footage from the SxS card and then use transfer to get the clips into my FCP system. Are you saying that you use transfer for both tasks? I found another download called XDCAM Browser but unfortunately I can't find a date for this software so I'm not sure if I'm going backwords or whether this is the latest version of Sony software. The manuals for this program say 2009 but one of the download sites said that this software will combine many of the things that clip browser and transfer do.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 3, 2011 at 9:15:15 pm

I've only used XDCAM Transfer once about a year ago and it worked very well. The cards were shot and then transferred to a hard drive using the finder. The footage was shot by an out-of-town crew. I would have used Shotput Pro to transfer since it does a byte-by-byte verification. But the transfer was OK. I was able to view clips and then create QTs which I imported into into FCP 7. Here's a portion of the User Guide:

XDCAM Transfer is a software solution that enables you to use media captured using Sony’s XDCAM system in Apple’s Final Cut Pro video editing software.

You are about to install the following components:

• XDCAM FAM driver and tool.
Mount Professional Discs in XDCAM devices connected by FAM (i.LINK) in the Finder.

• XDCAM Transfer main application.
Preview clips from XDCAM and import your selected material as QuickTime movies. XDCAM Transfer supports the PDW-U1 XDCAM Drive unit and Professional Memory Cards recorded with the PMW-EX1 camcorder.

• Sony XDCAM Import and Export plug-ins for Final Cut Pro.
Initiate transfers from XDCAM directly into a Final Cut Pro project and render your Final Cut Pro sequence directly onto a connected XDCAM disc.

• Final Cut Pro XDCAM presets.
Configure your sequence and export settings to be compatible with XDCAM. The XDCAM HD422 presets replace those installed by Final Cut Pro 6.0.3.

• XDCAM Transfer User Guide.
Found in the Documentation folder of this disk image and also available from the Help menu of the XDCAM Transfer application after installing the software.

In addition to the core functionality, XDCAM Transfer has features including:

• Logging and metadata editing.
Edit metadata before import into Final Cut Pro. Save your changes back to discs in XDCAM camcorders and decks, or keep all the changes locally.

• Clip Lists.
Preview your Clip Lists (.SMI files) directly in XDCAM Transfer and import the list of subclips into Final Cut Pro with a single click.

• Search.
Search across all logging metadata to find the clips you want.

• Print.
Create index sheets for your discs including thumbnails and metadata.

• Full screen mode.
View high resolution material in full screen mode, including directly from PDW-U1.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]