FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing frames in exported video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Skinner
Missing frames in exported video
on Sep 30, 2011 at 5:05:05 am

Hi there,

I have several videos edited in FCP7 but when I export them, they have missing frames. It's every few seconds there a black patch for a few frames.

Has anybody experienced this and how did you resolve it.

I have a tv show where I need to edit a small piece on site after shooting and this needs to be working!!

Please help!

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Missing frames in exported video
on Sep 30, 2011 at 5:10:46 am

How are you exporting and what are you sequence and codec settings. Do you have different frame rates together in the timeline?

Return to posts index

Dave Skinner
on Sep 30, 2011 at 6:18:58 am

Im exporting by Export > Quicktime movie..

sequence settings: 1920 x 1080 i at 25frames
Compressor: XDCAM EX 1080i50

I changed the compressor to proress 422 (HQ), which worked perfect...but it was 10GB for a 7min video.

Do you think i export as proress, then run it through compressor to a dif format?

Which formats do you recommend when exporting.

I am more camera rather than post but some small jobs like these come along where I have to edit, and i find myself lost sometimes.

Also the audio is making a clipping noise every second or so. the track is clean, but during playback and after export it is making the quiet clipping noise

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 30, 2011 at 6:55:40 am

Export>Quicktime Movie and make it ProRes422. HQ is overkill. Current settings should work. Check that the file is 25 fps. I have found that FCP needs to be told the frame rate sometimes rather than just relying on current. I wonder if the problem is the export has the wrong frame rate. try importing the file back into FCP and look at the frame rate. Don't trust quicktime to give you accurate info.

Is all your audio uncompressed and sample rate 48khz? Clicking in audio sounds like you might have an mp3 file or similar rather than wav or aif.

Return to posts index

Dave Skinner
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:36:51 am

I have exported in Proress 422, not HQ, and it works fine which is great! thanks.
But now as I'm trying to compress it into a small format for Youtube to show somebody a rough cut, Compressor is not allowing me to click the submit button. There's always gotta be something going wrong.
The audio track is MP3 so I am trying to source the original cd as i cannot get it in aiff or wav. and compressor is not allowing me to submit anything..

Thanks heaps for your help! much appreciated!
and if you know what could be going on with compressor or what i am missing then i'm happy to hear!

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]