FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframes in Lower Third Text don't work.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Mitchell
Keyframes in Lower Third Text don't work.
on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:53:55 am

I am trying to add Lower Third text to a clip but the key frames I have added in the Controls panel to fade text in and out doesn't work. I've placed the text above the video track but the key frames aren't recognized. The text just snaps on and off for the duration of the clip. I've gone so far as to uninstall Final Cut and reinstall it. No change.I'm trying to get the lower title to fade in after the upper title. I'm using the opacity settings in the Motion tab to fade in the upper title. The opacity key frames in the Controsl tab for the lower title don't respond. Not sure if this is the correct way to go about it but it has worked in the past

Return to posts index

Pradip Patil
Re: Keyframes in Lower Third Text don't work.
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:48:45 am

[Brad Mitchell] " I'm using the opacity settings in the Motion tab to fade in the upper title."

Which plugin are you using? The FCP default lower third? The opacity in motion tab will apply to whole text unit. You can't separate them.
This can be done very quickly in MOTION though.

Pradip Patil
Mumbai,India

Return to posts index

Brad Mitchell
on Sep 30, 2011 at 4:07:46 am

I am using the FCP Lower Third plugin. I do understand the motion tab opacity keyframes will fade the text in and out. What I don't understand is why the keyframes don't work in the opacity setting in the controls tab.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Sep 29, 2011 at 1:59:50 pm

I am guessing that you created a title without "Handles." Perhaps you created the title in Photoshop.

Have you tries a cross dissolve on each ends of the title? Use Motion to create your titles and you should have no problems.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Brad Mitchell
on Sep 30, 2011 at 4:09:38 am

No photoshop. Just trying to understand why the keyframes won't work in the opacity setting in the control tab for the lower third text plugin.

Return to posts index

Matt Buckley
on Feb 11, 2012 at 10:40:57 pm

I have the same problem using the "Kinetic" design in the Lower Thirds text. I'm trying to keyframe the text "glow" effect, and it doesn't work. I can actually watch the slider adjusting according to the keyframes in the inspector but the effect doesn't animate. It adjusts just fine if I don't have the keyframes and just manually move the slider, but obviously that won't animate. Pretty frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]