FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to organize "split" nested audio: can't move to new track

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Pop
How to organize "split" nested audio: can't move to new track
on Sep 27, 2011 at 7:38:09 am

Hi, I recently was contracted to do a job in FCP7--I'm coming off of Avid so I was a bit thrown into the fire on this one, and had an extremely tight deadline. Now that my first cut is complete, my timeline looks like a mess. Much of the interview footage I used had 4 tracks of audio, so I nested these clips once I brought them into the timeline. The problem is as I got into the heat of editing, there were times I forgot to patch the correct tracks to the timeline--so inserted edits ended up "splitting" the nested audio, say from track A1/A2 to A1/A6. Now I can't seem to pair them up again in the tracks I want.

Do I need to go back and re-insert every single piece of audio? Or is there a simpler way. Any help appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Alex Pop
Re: How to organize "split" nested audio: can't move to new track
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:42:11 am

Oh also I should mention that one of the reasons I nested many of the clips in the first place is that the audio was recorded extremely low--so I nested, then boosted the audio to get it past 12db. Currently I'm going back, un-nesting everything and applying a gain-boost filter instead. Think this may be the only solution unless anyone can help me out?

One of the pains of "de-nesting" everything is that I have to go back to the source clip, reload in/out points and pull back down into the sequence. Copying/pasting from the nested sequence pastes the ENTIRE source clip, so it's kind of useless.

Again if anyone can offer better solutions please do, would be much appreciated. Thanks as always!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]