FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Log and Transfer Dropped frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfred Wells
FCP Log and Transfer Dropped frames
on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:35:49 am

Hi All,

Been having some trouble with Log and Transfer in FCP 7.0.3.

Doesn't matter what type of file I'm trying to transcode to ProRes, whether it be H.264 from a 5D/7D/Rebel or a Sony XDCAM format to that appleXD codec.

Either way, at some point during the transcode of a longer file, a red exclamation point will appear and the file will be incomplete. I believe this has something to do with dropped frames?

Anybody know of way to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP Log and Transfer Dropped frames
on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:35:41 pm

You do not drop frames when you transcode. Drop frames are caused by slow hard drives during playback.

FCP likes it when you have the complete card structure when log and transferring tapeless media.

What is your exact workflow?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Gaz Evans
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:25:18 pm

It sounds like it may be an issue with the amount of ram you have - what is spec for your system?

Gaz Evans

Workflow Technician
The diROOM
http://www.diROOM.com

Return to posts index

Gary Lieberman
on Sep 29, 2011 at 1:13:59 pm

I have the same problem with 5d Mk II H264 footage.

I've had the red exclamation point on a file - truncated well before the end. Re-transferring it worked out fine (even though the file ingested was given a new filename).

Unfortunately, I've had several files ingesting (seemingly) fine, only to realize they are truncated, sometimes minutes from the end, with no logging errors during ingestion.

I am not setting In/Out points during L&T

I'll try Log and Transfer one file at a time perhaps to see if it's some RAM issue... My file lenghts go from 10 secs to 10 mins, but this happens on 1 minute files as well..... any other thoughts?

I've started editing, so now it's a nightmare to go back and check H264 v. ProRes LT file-lengths one by one!

2 x 2.66 Dual-Core Xeon
13 Gb RAM
OS X 10.6.8
FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Alfred Wells
on Sep 29, 2011 at 10:05:42 pm

Yeah,
This is exactly what happens to me when working with log and transfer in FCP. The files don't completely finish transcoding. Then I need to double check the lengths of the prores with the original H264.

I remember it working a bit better when doing one at a time. Totally possible that it's the RAM seeing as it works sometimes and not all the time

Need to troubleshoot further and figure out what's up

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]