FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious training in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Lyons
Serious training in FCP
on Sep 26, 2011 at 5:20:30 pm

I'm researching training in my area for FCP. My goal is to add editing to my creative services skills with an eye towards freelancing. I have eleven yrs exp in web design as well have worked with most all of the Creative Suite softwares at some time or another the past ten years. I've also worked on my own short film projects in both FCP7 and Premiere-CS5 though, self-taught, consider myself more of a hack without a professional work flow.

I live in NJ but haven't located a quality school there. So the NYC schools I'm looking at are:
New York Film Academy
The Edit Center
Manhattan Edit Workshop

Which would you suggest would benefit my goals?

Btw, while I'm nor ruling out a sole career in editing, the reason I'm not targeting it as a goal is that I think I'm better off parlaying with my previous web and software skills.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: Serious training in FCP
on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:11:38 pm

MEW is pretty nice and they're teaching Premiere Pro a lot.

Dennis - Adobe

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Sep 27, 2011 at 4:32:14 am

Might check out Soho editors.

Return to posts index

Mike Bugera
on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:07:39 pm

If you already have FCP on your computer you could also consider lynda.com. All the FCP training you could want, online and a lot cheaper (about $37.50 per month for Premium membership, cancel anytime). Plus, you can go at your own pace and re-watch any lesson as many times as you need to.

Return to posts index

Terry Lyons
on Sep 29, 2011 at 11:47:54 pm

I never heard of Soho editors so went ahead and checked them out. So another serious entry. Thanks to all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]