FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro grading not updating on output monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Chapman
Final Cut Pro grading not updating on output monitor
on Sep 26, 2011 at 2:09:15 pm

Hello -

I'm grading in FCP - using a combination of the 3-way Colour Corrector, and MB's Colourista 2.
I have a Decklink Extreme card, outputting onto an LCD monitor through HDMI. I can play back through that no problem.

My problem is when I come to grading - I grade a shot but it doesn't update live on the canvas, or on the monitor. I have to step back a frame on the timeline for it to update my grade, which makes it impossible to grade quickly and effectively.

Anyone else have this? I know you need to render a grade to play it back, but I also know that the grading filters should update when the shot is static and the playhead not moving.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm running a 12-core mac with FCP 7. Standard set up.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Final Cut Pro grading not updating on output monitor
on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:27:19 pm

FCP has an annoying quirk in which the display won't update on a CC adjustment unless you have clicked on the timeline window just prior to making your adjustment. If you click on anything other than one of the CC adjustments, such as the Viewer window border, the display won't update. However, if you first click on the timeline window, then make a CC adjustment (touching only the control adjustment and not any other part of the viewer window), then the display will update.

Return to posts index

Sam Cole
Re: Final Cut Pro grading not updating on output monitor
on Sep 26, 2011 at 11:57:40 pm

[Alan Okey] "FCP has an annoying quirk in which the display won't update on a CC adjustment"

Maybe they will fix it (along with many other bugs) with the next dot update.

Sam Cole
On line Mastering Facility
FCP, Avid, Adobe
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]