FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting split audio tracks/can't move audio clip to new track

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Popowych
Reconnecting split audio tracks/can't move audio clip to new track
on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:20:15 am

Hi sorry if this is a repost--tried searching "split audio tracks", "moving nested audio clip to new track", etc etc etc but no luck.

I'm fairly new to FCP coming from Avid, but started this first job on an EXTREMELY tight deadline so I was thrown directly into the fire. One of the consistent problems I had was that I did not always remember to patch audio to the correct track when I pulled it down, creating a mess of audio clips all over 8 tracks. Often a nested pair (from 4 mono tracks) would "split", say to A1 and A5.

Now that I'm here, I'd like to be able to reunite those clips on the correct tracks--say A1 and A2--but FCP doesn't seem to want to let me. A lot of these clips are 4 mono tracks nested down to 2. Any advice on how to get everything organized again would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Paul Keyserling
Re: Reconnecting split audio tracks/can't move audio clip to new track
on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:54:42 pm

Alex,

I, like you, have recently switched to FCP so I was hoping someone else with more experience would have responded.

That lacking, what I have done is to drag a clip up into the viewer, cut it from the timeline, designate the desired tracks on the timeline and lay it back in the new tracks. If you do the removal and replacement with the appropriate kind of edit (doesn't disturb placement of adjacent clips) it should fit as before.

There may be a more direct or more efficient way to do this but this has worked for me.

Paul

Paul Keyserling
Big Pictures
Beaufort, SC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]