FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get 32-bit floating point 8.0 khz audio to play in fcp's timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Pouch
How to get 32-bit floating point 8.0 khz audio to play in fcp's timeline
on Sep 25, 2011 at 8:14:29 pm

Ok, so I'm creating a Short documentary with still photos and audio. I recorded some of the audio with the tascam hd-p2 and got 24-bit integer 44.1 khz audio, which plays back fine in the timeline, that's not what I'm worried about...I had to use a handheld voice recorder due to technical issues with the tascam..which the audio sounds fine, however it recorded in a 32-bit floating point 8.0khz audio format which plays in the viewer fine and I can make subclips no problem, it just won't play in the timeline...

Do I need to somehow convert the 32-bit floating point 8.0khz audio to 24-bit integer 44.1 khz audio? Or is there anyway else I can go about it??

I just need the audio to play, that's it, this project's due tomorrow, and I just need to it play along with the photos so I can export it and be done

THANK YOU ALL! Hope to hear from you soon

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: How to get 32-bit floating point 8.0 khz audio to play in fcp's timeline
on Sep 25, 2011 at 11:51:30 pm

All audio in an FCP timeline should be 16 or 24 bit, 48khz. The sequenmce settings should also be 48khz. This is the standard for digital video.

FCP does a lousy job of sample rate converting on the fly. Audacity is one of many fee audio apps that can do sample and bit rate conversions to either wav or aif files. Do athese conversions before editing and life will be much nicer in FCP land

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]