FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4 Quickcluster bugs me with password + workflow suggestion?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Koen Delbroek
Compressor 4 Quickcluster bugs me with password + workflow suggestion?
on Sep 24, 2011 at 3:54:56 pm

Hi,

I've got a small problem that I can't fix. I'm programming (automating) a brand new macbook pro with Compressor 4 to automatically burn a dvd from an mp4 video.

The fastest way to do so, is activate a quickcluster to distribute rendering. However, in compressor 4, when you activate a cluster with services, each time you quit or launch compressor, I have to give an administrator password to (de)activate shared services. This is quite annoying since my client looks into
a way to easy create a dvd in batch and will probably have to enter this password like 10 times a day. (unless he keeps compressor open all the time)

I'll post a different thread in this forum for ideas in auto-dvd creation..

Thanx a lot!

Return to posts index

Andy Yoong
Re: Compressor 4 Quickcluster bugs me with password + workflow suggestion?
on Oct 4, 2011 at 9:45:38 am

I'm having the same problem. Can't seem to find a fix anywhere. It's starting to become really annoying!

Return to posts index

Scott Barnes
Re: Compressor 4 Quickcluster bugs me with password + workflow suggestion?
on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:03:18 pm

I am seeing this behavior as well. Was anyone able to figure out if this was the normal way that the new Compressor is suppose to work? Does it have to do with the fact that they are sandboxing the whole program? Has anyone figure out a workaround? I am trying to get the most out of the computers in the lab. With compressor 3.5 we were able to set up clusters and they just were always available with out the need for a password is this no longer possible?

I am not bound by what is possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]