FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Export Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Bugera
Batch Export Problems
on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:40:35 pm

Working on a MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel i7 with 4GB RAM, running 10.6.8 and FCP 7.0.3, all purchased in March. Editing from a 6TB OWC Raid 0 drive.

Every time I boot up a project from a couple of months ago I get a message saying that several render files are missing. I tell it to forget the files, re-render all my timelines (the only items needing to be rendered in each of 65 timelines are two to three 10 frame dissolves) and either batch export or export each timeline separately as reference Quicktime movies to send to a third party compression program.

The problem is that the compression program hangs shortly after starting and a message comes up that a render file is missing, and do I want to search for it. Upon trying to open the QT to view it it takes forever to open and when it does it's only audio, the video has disappeared.

I've tried updating software and rebuilding the Raid with Disc Warrior. Nothing's working. I know it doesn't need a long lost render file to work so there's something else at play.

I've also noticed that every project folder that had these reference movies has no video anymore, only audio.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Batch Export Problems
on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:43:36 pm

Exporting "self-contained" would get rid of this problem.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Mike Bugera
Re: Batch Export Problems
on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:26:44 pm

Agreed, but with an average of 65 timelines per project at about 8 minutes each, the time it would take to do that and the space it would take for each of those self contained movies is not an option with my company. We used to do it that way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]