FORUMS: list search recent posts

3-Way Color Corrector NOT WORKING!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle Warren
3-Way Color Corrector NOT WORKING!
on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:29:44 pm

I need to color correct a shot ASAP. I make a sequence, drag my clip into it, drag and drop the 3-way color corrector filter, but when I start moving things in the filter after double clicking the clip in the timeline, NOTHING changes. I seriously have no idea why this isn't working and I'm not that familiar with color correcting. But I have done it in the past and I remember pressing those buttons and having things change in the picture. What is going on?!

Can someone please help, I'm freaking out because I'm on a deadline. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
Re: 3-Way Color Corrector NOT WORKING!
on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:38:19 pm

Correction: NO filters seem to be working. WTH is going on? Please, please someone help!

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:39:40 pm

Another addition: I opened an old project and applied a filter and it works just fine. What is wrong with the projects I'm working on now?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Sep 23, 2011 at 7:10:24 pm

Quit app.
Trash Prefs.
Reboot.
Repair permissions.
Launch app.
Start a new Proj. if need be.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 23, 2011 at 7:41:40 pm

Are you POSITIVE that you've double-clicked on the actual track, with the play head over it, BEFORE invoking the 3-way? Do me a favor, select the track by double-clicking it. then use the menus at the top to get to the 3-way, instead of dragging and dropping. See if that makes a diff.

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
on Sep 23, 2011 at 7:44:47 pm

Hi Mark,
Nope. That doesn't work.

I have 4 projects open, each one is a short film and I am cutting a promo for each one. In every one of those projects, filters aren't working. This is so bizarre because filters work in my older project.

And come to think of it, I had tried to use an audio filter and that wasn't working either. I ignored it thinking there was a problem with that filter because it was in my favorites bin. Something is obviously wrong.

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
on Sep 23, 2011 at 7:45:32 pm

Hi Chris,
I am definitely going to give this a try when I have a minute. Something is definitely wrong for all four projects I'm working on not be able to use filters.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:56:54 pm

What is (are) the formats of the source clips, and post your sequence settings too.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:03:46 pm

Try hitting butterfly-5 to call up the Effects tab, then navigate to the 3-way corrector. Physically drag it to your clip on the timeline, then double-click on the clip. Go to the filters tab. Click on the Visual button. Scrub to the clip you applied the filter to on the timeline. Try adjusting. Any luck?

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
on Sep 29, 2011 at 12:51:43 pm

Thanks so much for all your comments. I shall hold my hands up and say what an idiot I am. After a while I thought I would check the sequence settings to see if I was missing something and 'filters' was UNchecked under Render control. D'oh! But I love it when it's something simple and you don't have to go re-installing your system again!

Return to posts index

Phil Howard-Jones
on Jul 30, 2012 at 5:01:09 pm

There is a God! I have checked the Filters box too and after so much grief and time down the pan now have Three Way Colour Converter up and running. Bless you for the advice.
Phil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]