FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export For Multiple Screens?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle Warren
Export For Multiple Screens?
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:16:41 pm

Hi there. I'm working with a new client cutting some promo spots. They also want me to cut something together that will play on 3 HD TVs (not sure of the exact specs, but typical HD plasmas) all next to each other in their lobby. What they want is for the same shot to play across all 3 screens; so basically 1/3 of the shot on one screen, 1/3 on another etc.

I've never worked with something like this before and have no idea how to do that. My first thought went straight to how weird that will look because from original 1920x1080 footage, it will be stretched across let's say 1920x3 by 1080. I know I have seen this in bars where they play sports like this, so it must be possible, but I'm completely lost as to how it would be done once the piece is cut.

Is this something done in FCP? After Effects? Helps is very much appreciated as they are a new client and I don't want to let them down! Thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export For Multiple Screens?
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:36:53 pm

FCP isn't the proper tool for the job: it can be done in After Effects. But first, I urge you to post about your situation in the Live & Stage Events forum here on the COW:

http://forums.creativecow.net/livestageevents

The people there are experienced in multiple-screen playback. They will almost certainly raise issues you haven't considered yet, but which are crucial to the project's success.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Danielle Warren
Re: Export For Multiple Screens?
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:42:45 pm

Thanks Dave, I wasn't really sure where to post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]