FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac to PC Blu Ray authoring workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hoshino
Mac to PC Blu Ray authoring workflow
on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:24:26 am

Hello,

Apologies in advance for anything that has been covered in past posts. I have searched as best I could and still have questions.

I am currently editing a number of 90 min features in FCP7 which I need to then send to my employer who will be authoring the blu ray discs on his PC. I'm curious what is the best way to achieve this. Should I create an mpeg2/H.264 file in Compressor and send that? Or should I send a less compressed file type?

An additional question regarding Compressor. I attempted to create an mpeg2 file in compressor but had issues. I chose the program stream preset, and set the stream usage to blu ray, and I used a qt reference file from fcp7 to do it. I'm confused by the output I got from this. The render took approximately 11 hours and yielded an .m2v file that was just 2GB, and does not seem to play properly. Is this output another type of reference file? Or did something go wrong with the render?

Thank you!

Danny

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Mac to PC Blu Ray authoring workflow
on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:17:23 am

Compressor is capable of creating an H264 file with the right specs for bluray. Any authoring software should be able to use that h264 file without any re-encoding to make a bluray, regardless of Mac/ PC/ Linux OS.

Do some tests with a smaller file. H264 encoding takes time. Compressor has some good H264 presets.

Return to posts index

Daniel Hoshino
Re: Mac to PC Blu Ray authoring workflow
on Sep 29, 2011 at 6:31:38 pm

Thanks for the info! I went ahead and made an h.264 file from compressor for bluray. Quick question: would such a file be payable on my computer? It won't seem to open with any media player (qt, vlc, etc). Just wondering if this was a problem with the compression, or if this kind of file would not be payable. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]