FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Pro Res

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dax Coley
Apple Pro Res
on Sep 22, 2011 at 11:34:10 pm

I have recently taken over a project that has been passed through several editors hands. I hate to use the word editor for the lack off technical standards that were not held. But here is the short form of it. The project currently has several pieces of media that was rendered with different codecs everything from DCPro to DV as well as HDV. I would like to create the final project as a HD project. I am using final cut pro and would like to know if I place this on a Apple Pro Res timeline and or use a third party program to re-wrap everything in pro res would this deal with the interlacing issues. I don't usually cut in Final Cut so I'm looking for a real work flow, besides starting over and re capturing everything in Pro Res.

Thanks for whatever ideas you may have in advanced.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Apple Pro Res
on Sep 23, 2011 at 12:13:49 am

Well Media Manager can create a new project and recompress everything to ProRes 422 if want everything in the one codec. If you just copy paste your timeline into a sequence set for ProRes 422, then your renders will be ProRes. However, that is not going to do anything about interlace.

What are the "interlace issues" that you have?

Return to posts index

Nate Tam
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:36:26 am

What Michael said.

However, If you're planning on using any media that is in the browser, but NOT in the timeline, than I say you'd just have to bite the bullet and re-transcode anything that's not apple prores, whether that be through media manager or some other software like MPEG Streamclip. I personally would transcode in MPEG Streamclip just cause its faster, and final cut can still run (depending on the machine) while you transcode.

Afterwards, just reconnect all your media to the transcoded files.

Sorry I don't have a more convenient answer for you...

Nate Tam
Freelance Film Editor
natetamiam.com

Return to posts index

Dax Coley
on Sep 25, 2011 at 4:26:19 am

Yea that's what my gut was telling me. Just start from scratch...

Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Dax Coley
on Sep 25, 2011 at 4:25:16 am

Some of the stuff has been encoded as dvcpro codec, some of it as dv codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]