FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut - Compressor output now giving Quicktime error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James St Clair
Final Cut - Compressor output now giving Quicktime error
on Sep 22, 2011 at 1:50:05 pm

Using final cut pro 6.06, macbook pro 2.53...
I have a 6 minute video which I already used compressor successfully with to output. I used the Quicktime H.264 setting. I then re edited the video, no big changes, just a pre roll added. Now I try the exact same output, and it will not even start. It gives this error:

Quicktime error: -120

I have not found that error explained anywhere on the net. I've tried many times, it will not co operate. Meanwhile, the same file is outputting successfully using the Standard def. DV NTSC settings.

What's going on? I really prefer the H.264 output. thanks for any help.
JSC

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Final Cut - Compressor output now giving Quicktime error
on Sep 22, 2011 at 2:46:57 pm

Could be a bad render file. Might trash those and send the sequence to compressor without being rendered.

Jerry

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:43:02 pm

Here's an additional suggestion: export a self-contained quicktime movie of the project, and use the resulting file in Compressor. Sometimes Compressor goes South if you export to Compressor from FCP.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James St Clair
on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:23:03 pm

Hi, thanks for the response, I've done exactly that: outputted a self contained quicktime movie, basic DV NTSC format, imported that clip, put it into a sequence, tried to output that in compressor as H.264, and it is still giving me the Quicktime error: -120 message.

Did something go south in my compressor program?

thanks for any input. I'm really needing this H.264 setting to work in compressor.

JSC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]