FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X Update not available for download

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Shea
Final Cut Pro X Update not available for download
on Sep 22, 2011 at 2:14:18 am

I bought Final Cut Pro X through the App store when it came out. I read that there was a free update released today, but it does not show up as an option in my updates. I also purchased Motion and Compressor and was able to update those programs. Does anyone know why this is? I should say that I also have FCP 7 studio on the same machine.

Return to posts index

Kenny Powerass
Re: Final Cut Pro X Update not available for download
on Sep 22, 2011 at 3:35:56 am

I heard it doesn't show up in your regular Software Updates, but rather you have to go to the App Store to update. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Michael Shea
on Sep 22, 2011 at 4:50:18 am

I get a message that says "Final Cut Pro X is already installed and was not purchased from the App Store" "Do you want to buy 10.0.01?" Of course I don't want to spend another $299, So I cancel. It is a confusing message because I did buy the original from the App Store. Is anyone else having this problem?

Return to posts index

Aaron Goddard
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:23:25 am

I'm having the same exact problem with the app store. Installed X on a laptop and a desktop but neither machine will let me update.

Aaron Goddard
Evolve Post

Return to posts index

Michael Shea
on Sep 28, 2011 at 3:34:55 pm

I posted this message originally and thanks for all the replies. The solution is simple. Trash FCPX, empty your trash and go to your purchases icon in the App store, click ion the install icon and it will upload the latest version of the program. I did this on two machines.

Return to posts index

Aaron Goddard
on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:24:05 am

I found a workaround. Close App Store application then put the FCP 10 application in the trash (do not empty trash). Launch App Store and download 10.0.1 (if your apple ID is the same one used to purchase 10 the new version will be free).

Aaron Goddard
Evolve Post

Return to posts index

R Walter
on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:46:05 am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]