FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting/converting FCP SD footage into something Sony Vegas ready

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Frank
exporting/converting FCP SD footage into something Sony Vegas ready
on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:59:09 pm

I posted this in the Sony Vegas forum too, so hopefully this is not verboten...

Client gave footage that we shot to a TV station somewhere far, far away and they are having issues with it as they use Sony Vegas and either can't or won't convert the footage into something they can use and want us to do it.

Having never worked with Sony Vegas or exported any footage for it, I'm not sure the best way to do so using Compressor, since what they are asking for...seems...counter productive on several levels, and beyond the footage's capabilities on another.

The footage was shot and exported as DV/DVCPRO-NTSC, SD 720X480 Anamorphic (a large part of the problem is that they are wanting it to be HD, but as the client didn't want to pay for HD...).

It is currently 29.97fps, data rate is 3.8MB/Sec, pixel aspect NTSC-CCIR 601.

They want (and I quote) "the footage rendered out using any of the following codecs:

H.264
MP4
MJPEG (Motion JPEG)

In either case, 29.97fps, use a high bit rate, at least 5 - 7 Meg. (you shouldn’t need a data rate like 20 meg+)

Audio: AAC or Big Indian will do."

I tried poking around Compressor and changing settings to match their needs but frankly...the end result is smaller file size and lower quality. It seems, based on their 'wants' that they are wanting the footage unconverted to HD.

Anybody who has experience with both Final Cut Suite and Sony Vegas and can guide me in what settings I should use in Compressor to give them what they want/can use, I'd really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]