FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error when Exporting Quicktime Reference File

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Bernstein
General Error when Exporting Quicktime Reference File
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:48:29 pm

I searched all the other General Error threads and need more understanding of this issue.

Computer Specs:
2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon
9 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
RAID Tower

I'm working with a timeline that has a mix of:
- Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) media that was upres-ed from HDV tapes and color corrected (29.97, 1920x1080)
- low-res HDV video (29.97, 720x480)
- Go Pro footage
- XDCAM footage (23.98, 1920x1080)

My sequence settings are the following:
- 1920x1080, HDTVi(16:9)
- Upper Field Dominance
- Apple Pro Res 422
- Video Processing: 10-bit YUV
- Render: Same as Sequence Codec

The timeline is over 70 minutes. Everything was rendered and yet, when I exported a reference file, a general error came up at around 33%.

So, I copied the media in the timeline and pasted into a new sequence. I changed the rendered settings to Apple Pro Res (HDV/XDCAM/etc.). I then rendered the area where the general error was occurring with this new render sequence setting. And the QT reference file worked!

I'm wondering why this occurred and if this matter is solved. In other posts, people were saying it was corrupt media and I was going in to find specific shots, reconnecting media or even transcoding it in compressor and bringing it back in the timeline. It was such a pain but ended up working that way, too.

But am I right to assume this render setting is the culprit of the General Error problem?

Thanks,

Chelsea Hernandez
Assistant Editor - Fixing the Future

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: General Error when Exporting Quicktime Reference File
on Sep 21, 2011 at 3:23:06 am

Is that GoPro footage converted at all, or straight dorm the cam? You need to transcode to Prores before editing as GoPro creates h.264 files and FCP doesn't like that. It'll often give that error when exporting with h.264 in the timeline.

Tony Brittan

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: General Error when Exporting Quicktime Reference File
on Sep 21, 2011 at 3:43:54 am

And was it Export> Quicktime Movie> Current Settings or Export> Quicktime Conversion> ? Settings?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]