FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-clipping glitch?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Taylor
Multi-clipping glitch?
on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:07:25 pm

Hi there,

I have always previously had success with the multi-clip function of FCP. This time however, not so much.

I have my footage, re-compressed from HD 1080 to DV Pal 48khz, as per usual so that my Macbook Pro can cope with playing back 6 clips at any one time. Each video is now 720x576, DV PAl processor and 3.6MB/s data rate.

I made a new Multiclip from 6 bits of footage and dragged it into the timeline. I opened up the sync on both the viewer and canvas but whenever I hit play, only one window plays. For eg, I hit play on the canvas and only the canvas plays. I hit play on the viewer and only the viewer plays (confirming that the mac is not struggling with the clips.) If I hit play on the timeline, only the canvas plays.

Why is this happening and how do I solve it so they both play together? Maybe I've completely missed a school boy error.

I also noticed, that after I have opened the sync, if I double click back on the multiclip in the timeline, the sync returns to its previous state of closed????

Thanks for your help,

Return to posts index

Josh Taylor
Re: Multi-clipping glitch?
on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:28:37 pm

Problem solved.

I had to make sure that a new sequence was created after re-compressing the footage otherwise the canvas is playing a set up for the HD footage where as the player is playing a set up for the DV footage.

Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved