FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-clipping glitch?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Taylor
Multi-clipping glitch?
on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:07:25 pm

Hi there,

I have always previously had success with the multi-clip function of FCP. This time however, not so much.

I have my footage, re-compressed from HD 1080 to DV Pal 48khz, as per usual so that my Macbook Pro can cope with playing back 6 clips at any one time. Each video is now 720x576, DV PAl processor and 3.6MB/s data rate.

I made a new Multiclip from 6 bits of footage and dragged it into the timeline. I opened up the sync on both the viewer and canvas but whenever I hit play, only one window plays. For eg, I hit play on the canvas and only the canvas plays. I hit play on the viewer and only the viewer plays (confirming that the mac is not struggling with the clips.) If I hit play on the timeline, only the canvas plays.

Why is this happening and how do I solve it so they both play together? Maybe I've completely missed a school boy error.

I also noticed, that after I have opened the sync, if I double click back on the multiclip in the timeline, the sync returns to its previous state of closed????

Frustrating!

Thanks for your help,

Josh.

Return to posts index

Josh Taylor
Re: Multi-clipping glitch?
on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:28:37 pm

Problem solved.

I had to make sure that a new sequence was created after re-compressing the footage otherwise the canvas is playing a set up for the HD footage where as the player is playing a set up for the DV footage.

Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]