FORUMS: list search recent posts

eliminate dog barking in Soundtrack Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david rodriguez
eliminate dog barking in Soundtrack Pro
on Sep 18, 2011 at 11:45:13 am

Hello everyone,

I have a shot of a wedding where suddenly a dog and starts barking non stop for like 1 minute. I have tried to take a backgroud sample without the dog, do a noise print and try a noise reduction, but the dog is not seem in soundtrack pro as background noise, if I apply the filter the voice of the priest goes away with the dog. Do you have any ideas on how to isolate the dog barking (it is a much higher tone so maybe there is a way).

Thanks for your help

Saludos

David

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: eliminate dog barking in Soundtrack Pro
on Sep 18, 2011 at 1:02:40 pm

You can try taking a sample of just the dog without the priest's voice in it. If it's frequency is the same as the priest, you're going to be outta luck... If it's not, you can minimize just that frequency range and maybe get it to at least go a way somewhat.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 18, 2011 at 4:42:54 pm

Take a look at the audio spectrum and see if you can identify it. You can erase it if it's obvious. It's likely that it shares frequencies with other things you want, so you are probably screwed.

Maybe get the priest to do some ADR?

Soundtrack has some good tools for that.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Sep 18, 2011 at 6:38:17 pm

I sense a business opportunity here for a plug-in developer:

"Bark be gone"

mark

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 18, 2011 at 8:52:36 pm

iZotope Spectral Repair is possibly useful. You will not be able to totally eliminate this and as John says, frequencies will overlap with key audio so I doubt you will have any great success.

It is a common misconception that noise reduction software can remove spot FX. Noise in audio is like grain in video. Random and not natural. Most noise reduction software will not handle a sound like a dog bark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]