FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Audio Synch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett Robinson
Final Cut Pro Audio Synch
on Sep 18, 2011 at 6:38:20 am

First of all, my apologies if this is listed somewhere, but I couldn't find it after about 20 minutes dedicated searching.

I am wondering what are people's normal workflows for replacing audio in FCP. I generally work on film editing (as opposed to live events, for example). I am working on a 2.5 Dual Core Macbook Pro, running Final Cut 7.0.3. I have Pluraleyes but have found it to be of limited use for this application.

Currently my own workflow is like this:

1. Get picture lock
2. Import external audio
3. Synch it up clip-by-clip using the on-set clapboard
4. Delete original ("camera") audio

This is one of the most time-consuming, yet mechanical parts of my entire workflow. Does anyone have a genius way they synch their audio? It seems to me there should be some way to synch up all of your audio and have it assigned to your .mov files before you even begin editing, but I can't think of a way to do this.

Any links or other workflow descriptions would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Pro Audio Synch
on Sep 18, 2011 at 8:55:56 pm

Pluraleyes is designed to sync audio to master shots before editing. If you wait till picture lock, then you have a tedious manual job to do. Double system sound must be synced at rushes stage prior to editing.

I would be surprised if this workflow isn't set out in the Pluraeyes and FCP manual or documentation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved